11.10.2014 Pajunen retired in Rally Due Valli
Finnish Mikko Pajunen and Jonne Halttunen participated Rally due Valli as a prize of winning Italian manufacture championship. They drove with totally new Renault Clio R3T.
- The car is a brand new. There is much more power and shock absorbers are new and also the brakes are better, tells Pajunen before the rally.
Rally Due Valli was driven on asphalt and got eleven stages during three days.
The weather was very foggy and roads were slipery on second day of the rally. Morning started well and Mikko took the best time in the first stage (SS2) on Saturday. Troubles started on stage 3.
- It was very difficult, there are places where you can´t see anything. Very hard, told Pajunen in the end of stage 3.
On the stage 4 spined Pajunen in the cross roads and got stucked in a ditch. He lost almost seven minutes.
After the service changed weather even worse.
- It rained cats and dogs and we had the dry weather tires. The car rose out of the road and we slided to the small ravine. The car is not damaged and we probaply could continue tomorrow, but we´ll get so much time lost that it doesen´t make sense to continue, says Halttunen in Saturday evening.
21.9.2014 Pajunen won Rally Adriatico class R3
19.9.2014 Rally Adriatico starts tomorrow
Rally Adriatico starts in the center of Ancona in Saturday evening. Mikko Pajunen and Jonne Halttunen has a good position in the Renaut Trophy in the second place.
- Nice roads indeed, compared to the previous San Marino gravel race. The first stages will be driven in the dark, and I´m hoping that the dust doesn´t rub too much. There was lack of visible in some places in the recce. But of course we start to win, try to drive as fast as we can and we´ll see how fast the Italians are on the gravel, says Pajunen
Shakedown will be driven on Saturday morning and the rally starts with 8.18km long stage which will be driven twice in the first evening. There will be nine stages for the Sunday and total of 108 stage kilometers.
Rally Adriatico and Pajunen are old pals, two years ago in Clio Cup Mikko won the Rally in class of R2
Live results of rally in here
31.8.2014 Pajunen fight to the Finnish line in Rally del Friuli
Second part of Renault Trophy was driven in Venezia Italy this weekend. Pajunen and Halttunen had a bad start for the rally after a puncture in the first special stage on friday and they gave four minutes advantage for his Italian colleagues.
- This is part of rallying. We try to grab as many rankings as we can and let´s see what the result is in the evening. Italians are driving very fast on tarmac, said co-driver Halttunen on saturday morning before the race.
Mikko and Jonne drove all stages close to the base-times on friday and saturday, but four minutes was too much in tough competition. In the end of the day were Pajunen and Halttunen on the 7th place and got 14 valuable points for the Renault trophy.
Standings in Renault trophy before the last rally are:
1. Ivan Ferrarotti 101
2. Mikko Pajunen 83
3. Nicolo Marchioro 80
4. Fabrizio J. Andolfi 77
Next race is Rally dell Adriatico on 19-21st september and it will be driven on gravel.
28.8.2014 Pajunen starts to Rally del Friuli tomorrow
Mikko Pajunen and Jonne Halttunen are on the line with GIMA Autosport´s Renault Clio R3 in Venezia Italy tomorrow. Pajunen won last rally in San Marino and starts from the first place of Renault Trophy group B.
- Tests went well, it was a bit weird on the tarmac at first but after a while got I a good touch to the car. Roads are challenging and rough for the tires. Some parts are slipery and dirty on the mountain. We try to start with good spirit and will observe how fast guys are going, says Pajunen in the eve of the rally
Rally begins on friday at 2 p.m local time and results can been followed from here
5.7.2014 Pajunen won class R3 in Rally San Marino
Pajunen got 15.3 second lead after first stage and in the end of the day it crowed to 23 seconds in the R3 class in Rally San Marino. Rally San Marino is part of the Italian Rally Championship (Cir). Mikko´s co-driver is old fellow Jonne Halttunen also from Jyväskylä. They drive with GIMA Autosport´s Renault Clio R3. On friday were driven four stages.
Pajunen got three fastest time of the four in class R3 in friday. But it did´t came without problems.
- In the first stage there was a car across the road and Ihad to slow down pace a little bit. The roads were in a very rough condition, said Pajunen evening service.
The third and fourth stages were driven on tarmac surface. It was over a year ago when Pajunen was on tarmac last time so those were challenging.
- It was difficult because I haven´t been driving for a long time on the tarmac. But never the less it was a fun, tells Pajunen.
Second day started also in Mikko´s command.
After morning stages had Pajunen also problems.
- We have no more front tires anymore, said Pajunen the morning service.
After 7 stages Mikko was leading 29.8 seconds. Rest of the day he´s only tarket was keep the pace.
During the day nabbed Pajunen and Halttunen four best times of eight.
- The stages were demanding and the road conditions were really hard to 2WD car. Lucily we got the good pace so we had time to drive carefully. A thirty-degree temperature gave ekstra challenge to this rally. So you can really call this sporting. Driving suites weigh quite a lot, says Pajunen with laughing.
In the finish line the ccap between Mikko and Nicolo Marchioro in the second-place (Renault Clio) was 21.1 seconds. Third in the class was Fabrigio Andolfi junior.
The fastest 4WD car was Paolo Andreucci with Peugeot 208 R5.
The next time Pajunen and Halttunen are on the stage 29.8.2014 in the Rally del Friuli Venezia Giulia.
- Pajunen starts to Italian Rally Championships tomorrow
- 3.8.2013 Pajunen finished Neste Oil Rally with good stage times
- 3.8.2013 Morning raises to Pajunen in the last day of Neste Oil Rally
- 1.8.2013 Pajunen fought to end of the first day in Neste Oil Rally
- 30.7.2013 Mikko Pajunen is ready for the Neste Oil Rally 2013
- 28.6.2013 Mikko Pajunen 10th in Shakedown in Ypres ERC Rally last night
- 26.6.2013 Mikko Pajunen and Janne Perälä in the Ypres ERC Rally Belgium with Ford Fiesta S2000
- 14.10.2012 Mikko Pajunen forced to retire in Sanremo, ruining his changes of cup title
- 12.10.2012 After three stages Pajunen and Lindström are second in Twingo Trophey
- 12.10.2012 Rallye San Remo will start today
- 11.10.2012 Mikko Pajunen chases the title in San Remo Rally
- 25.9.2012 Mikko Pajunen the winner of class R2 in Rally Dell´Appennino Reggiano
- 17.9.2012 Mikko Pajunen in good speed in IRC event in Ukraine - The Finn forced to retire from top position
- 14.9.2012 Excellent start for Mikko Pajunen and Kaj Lindström in IRC Yalta Rally
- 11.9.2012 Mikko Pajunen and Kaj Lindström testing Ford Fiesta S2000 in Ukraine
- 7.9.2012 Rally Mont-Blanc ended due to off road caused by technical problem
- 6.6.2012 Shakedown in Rally Mont-Blanc
- 6.9.2012 Mikko Pajunen invited by Renault to tarmac rally in France
- 5.8.2012 New Mikko Pajunen Racing T-shirts have arrived
- 17.7.2012 Rally Experience with Mikko Pajunen during Rally Finland
- 13.7.2012 Feel the Real Atmosphere of Rally Finland in an unique way!!!
- 13.7.2012 Mikko Pajunen drops out of Kouvola Rally
- 3.7.2012 IRC Targa Florio - In Car Videos Mikko Pajunen & Kaj Lindström
- 1.7.2012 Rally Città di Gubbio - San Crispino ended to Mikko Pajunen´s celebration
- 27.6.2012 Pajunen and Lindström goes to Rally Città di Gubbio
- 16.6.2012 Mikko Pajunen in dramatic IRC rally which claimed a life "Sad and tough event"
- 14.6.2012 Mikko Pajunen to drive IRC in Sicily
- 11.6.2012 Mikko Pajunens race ended on the roof in Lapua
- 9.9.2012 Pajunen crashed in Lapua Rally
- 6.6.2012 Mikko Pajunen to Lapua rally with plenty of kilometers under his belt - Since winter the Finn has done rallying in Italy and testing in Finland
- 1.6.2012 Mikko Pajunen drove two fastest special stage times of four and took silver medal with TMR Subaru Impreza WRX R4 STi in Finnish Ovisepät rally
- 19.5.2012 Mikko Pajunen - Winner of Rally Dell´Adriatico 2012
- 18.5.2012 Dream opening for Mikko Pajunen in Rally dell´ Adriatico, Italy
- 24.4.2012 Pajunen found his pace on Italian tarmac - Spin ruined changes for victory
- 19.4.2012 Mikko Pajunen to study tarmac in Rally Mille Miglia
- 22.3.2012 Mikko Pajunen and New Renault Twingo Evo R2 goes to Italy
- 27.2.2012 In car videos from SM Vaakuna rally
- 26.2.2012 Mikko Pajunen again third in the Finnish Rally Championship
- 22.2.2012 Mikko Pajunen aiming to increase his speed in Mikkeli
- 15.2.2012 Mikko Pajunen drove perfect result in Rally Sweden with TMR Subaru R4
- 8.2.2012 Career building for Mikko Pajunen in Rally Sweden, The Finn to compete against the worlds top drivers
- 29.1.2012 Mikko Pajunen´s lucky escape in Rovaniemi The Finn finished third in Arctic Lapland Rally
- 25.1.2012 Mikko Pajunen to Lapland with Tommi Mäkinen's advice
- 16.1.2012 Mikko Pajunen up to speed in Riihimäki The Four-wheel drive debutant third even with a broken gear stick
- Tommi Mäkinen and Kaj Lindström join Mikko Pajunen´s team, The Finn continues in four-wheel drive Subaru
- Mikko Pajunen is the new British Rally Champion
- Mikko Pajunen the surprise of the Finnish WRC
- 19.8.2011 Ulster-rally
- 27-28.5.2011 Mikko Pajunen finished second on British tarmac
- Mikko Pajunen looks forward to a new challenge
- 29-30.4.2011 Flat tyre again the curse of Mikko Pajunen
- Mikko Pajunen to compete in the legendary Kielder stages
- 2.4.2011 The Finn finished third in the Bulldog Rally
- Mikko Pajunen continues the battle in the British Championship
- 26.2.2011 Rallye Sunseeker - British Rally Championship